Saturday, October 22, 2005

I was on an emotional roller coaster the whole month.

October 11

LEAP was hella fun. Well, I din't know anybody in my class (STREET4) but I definitely enjoyed it. One, well, because I can watch the Pep Squad from the SPS Rehearsal Hall. Hahaha. Sayang I din't enroll there. Two, because the routine taught to the class was really fun to dance. The song we danced to was More To Life by Stacie Orrico. Twas fun but really tiring.

October 12

Jopet and I entered our 2nd year and 9th month. Grawr. I love you so much, Baby. I miss you hella lot, too. Hindi pa ulit tayo nagkikita, I need to see you, Baby. I love you.

Went to Manila to get shots for our scrapbook in Kaspil. It was really tiring but we got 3/4 of the job done. And we had fun, too. Kilig si Malia and si Cuyeg. To those who know them, alam kong nawe-weirdan kayo pero it's all for the project. Pero mukhang nagkakadevelopan na ata sila. Hahaha. Peace out, guys!

**Pics are posted at http://aleigna12.multiply.com.

October 13

SALIKSIK.

I think that I really got something from that recollection. I went to other recollections/retreats before this and got something from them. Pero parang ang laki ng impact sakin nitong recollection na 'to. Para bang dito ko lang nakita yung totoong nararamdaman ng mga tao.

There's this game that Sir Ric actually wanted us to play. We had to "cross" a "bridge" to get to the "safe place". The people who stepped out of the "bridge" or the line "dies". The "dead" will not be able to do anything. Sir Ric holds all the elements of the game. Time, space, everything. Objective was to get EVERYONE to the safe place. Basta. The mechanics were quite hard. It was to test our unity as a block. At first, we "crossed" the "bridge". Some of us "died" but some were safe. But then, we realized that we cannot save the dead so we decided to go back and "die" with everyone else. We obviously lost but we rather be "dead" with everyone than be in the safe place tas merong namatay. Everyone started crying not because we are really going to die but rather, the realization struck: we love our block. There is no denying that.

Plastic. That was what I think one of the things that really affected me. Everyone got affected. I see that spitting it out to everybody is not an easy task but it should've been said in a nicer way. Everyone got shocked. Everyone has something to say. Ewan.

**The pics will be posted at http://aleigna12.multiply.com. I just don't know when I'll have the time to post them.

October 14

Nothing much happened in school. Well, except for Sir Delupio planning to fail everyone in the graded recitation

Met up with Dean and Kam at Starbucks sa Mega. And si Dean, may ginawang alam niyang ikakagalit ko pag nakita ko. So anyway, lakad, bonding and kwentuhan about anything under the sun. The old times. Grawr. So anyway, Kam had to go home early so Dean and I went looking for a place to eat in. Since there was a sale in Mega that time, we ended up looking for a place to eat in Shang. Ate at Tokyo Tokyo. Dean had to go home after so we went back to Mega and I accompanied her to the FX station. Kwentuhan muna while waiting for the FX. "A walk down memory lane" Hahaha. I waited for my mom for three hours after that. Hahaha.

October 15

We planned a surprise for Jaja. It was held at Lelie's flat near Robinson's Manila. It was hella fun. Jaja was speechless when we gave her the surprise. There was even a video presentation for her that Les cam up with a couple of hours before the surprise itself. The cake was hella good and we gave her a new wallet 'cause she lost hers. So anyway, everyone of us, except Lau, started panicking on how we'll get her gift. She was with us all along. But then, we came up with something and eventually, we got her her gift.

**Pics at http://aleigna12.multiply.com

After all that, we went back to school to attend the PNPRS lectures for our Philosophy class. The talk was bitchin' boring. But , in the end, when one of the people in the audience (a professor from the University of Illinois) was talking, we started to - honestly - enjoy the talk. He kept on explaining how the professors tend to be boring when giving lectures that's why students don't cooperate in class discussions. He said that the lectures should be as interactive as possible. Di lang dapat puro recitations and stuff. There should be jokes or funny stories injected in the discussions to keep everyone's attention. He also gave some pointers on how students should take down notes. We students, he said, should not be limited to taking down the important things that the professors say. We can put some nonsense doodles in our notes. He also said that the informality of the notes will make the students remember the lecture more. I don't remember what his proof was, though.

So anyway, after the talk, Les, Sara, Jaja, Jack and I went back to Leslie's condo to fix ourselves for Lau's debut. It took us quite some time to fix ourselves and the video presentation we made for Lau. I can't remember what time we left for Lau's debut but we did make it, with so much time to spare.

In the cab, Les became emotional. She was saying how her mom can't understand her and all. The rest of us, including the taxi driver, explained her mom's side. What she'd probably say when she hears Les saying all those things.

When we reached Valle Verde 4, Lau still wasn't there but a handful of familiar faces were there. The block started to take loads of pictures and I just know it that the other people were beginning to sense what camwhores Lau's blockmates can be. Lau arrived later. I was part of the 18 roses. The 18 roses were supposed to say a little something for Lau. That we did. Nico (My Sherie Amore... or whatever the title is) and Ariane (Just a smile) played/sang songs for Lau. After that, we watched the presentations made for her. One was from us and the other was made by her brother. We were asking her to cry but she can't cry. Why? Because, she said, "Mukha akong tanga sa mga pictures!". After the program, everyone danced. Well, at least, me and my blockmates danced. We were asking for Techno songs but Kuya Gerry don't seem to have them. After the whole thing, the block (those who were left) sat in a circle and started singing, chatting and everything. We went home at round midnight.

**Pics at http://aleigna12.multiply.com

October 17 - 21

KASPIL Scrapbook-making.
Mga panahong nasimot ang laman ng wallet ko.


October 21 (pm)

Went to my dad's office to fix up for Kam's debut. He brought me to Savannah Moon in Libis. When I got there, I saw Mars and a couple of Kam's blockmates. Looked for Tanya and Ingga since Kam said they were there na. Sat with them and waited for Krista, Pinky and Lydia. Apparently, we were supposed to wear something that would show who our favorite Hollywood artists are. Dagflammit, only Lydia came in looking like a "star" (Gwen Stefani). I was part of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. It's like 18 candles without the candles. Hahaha. So anyway, after all the messages, 18 roses came. Shets, ang sweet ng dance nila Kam at Marc. Grawr. So after that, Tanya and her partner (I forgot his name) danced to open the dancefloor. Of course, Trisix nanaman ang nauna sa dancefloor. We pushed (or pulled, rather) some of Kam's blockmates to the dancefloor. They danced too but not as much as we did. Went home after that. Was tempted to join Pinky, Lydia and Krista in Eastwood but I have classes the next day.

**Pics posted at http://aleigna12.multiply.com

No comments: